Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bad ideas and scrubbing

Unlimited screen time was a terrible idea.  I couldn't have imagined just how early my son would wake up and just how much he doesn't care about doing anything else.  It makes me want to go extreme opposite and just lock up every electronic we have.  We could call it Summer Unplugged, it sounds like an awesome acoustic concert held in a big field but really it would be an horrible battle of misery and anger.   I'm not going there, but man do I want to!

In other news, my dishwasher broke.




That break in text was my moment of silence.  This summer we have had a chicken die, two fish, and now the dishwasher.  That last death just pushed me over the edge.  I do not find washing the dishes relaxing, I have tried rocking out to Black Eyed Peas and dancing around while scrubbing.  It was a little better but still hell.  Yep, I said hell.  I'm pretty sure that hell for me would be a never ending pile of dishes and no dishwasher. Maybe some spiders crawling around and milk chocolate everywhere (love chocolate, can't have milk.)
For now we aren't replacing the dishwasher, after all isn't it a fancy luxury item?  I mean I have a sink and hot running water.  I don't have to walk down to the well and pump my water and then boil it on the wood stove (My mom did this all the time when I was a kid.)  Still, I'm complaining anyway.

I considered paper plates that were from recycled paper and compostable.  Maybe plates made of corn that my chickens could eat?  Of course it would most likely be GMO corn and then my chickens would start giving me creepy mutated eggs and our whole family would grow extra limbs.  Nope, that wouldn't work.  Back to scrubbing.

3 comments:

  1. I feel you. So many of our luxuries(like my air conditioner) have become "necessities" in our lives. When they break, it's a life changing event. I hope that the chore of dishwashing becomes less cumbersome for you soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you, this summer I have lost my microwave (and I could almost kill for popcorn); my Bunn Coffeemaker and my mid sized crockpot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popcorn on the stove is great though! A bit of coconut oil in the pan and it is delicious. I haven't had a microwave in years. I do miss it for the science experiment and yarn dying ease.

    ReplyDelete